Hours: 7am-3:30pm M-F
Primary Job Description:
*Opportunity to break down and cut out whole beef and bison carcasses.
- Begin boning out beef and bison carcasses before moving to saw work, primals, fine cuts, and portion cutting. Work with a team of 10 to 12 meat cutters handling around 40 carcasses a day. Benefits (medical, dental, IRA, supplemental) available after 90 days.
*Must have proven meat cutting experience in a meat processing facility
*Must have a good attitude towards continuous improvements of food safety systems
- able to use hands and arms constantly
- able to listen to and follow directions
- able to lift at least 60 lbs. up to 100 lbs.
- aware of working condition changes (wet floor, etc.)
- willing to learn and follow general food safety practices, including GMPs, HACCP and SQF system
- Beginning pay will be based on amount and type of previous experience and may include a trial pay period in order to demonstrate skill level.
- Reviews (informal) will take place at 120 and 480 hours as a temp and 6 months after full-time hire
- Pay is based on performance. Experienced meat cutters range: $14.39 to $18.59
- Standing 7+ hours per day in 40 degree temp.
- Boning: up to 60 lbs. to chest level (occasionally overhead)
- Saw/Breaking: up to 100 lbs.