Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
The Maintenance Facilities Manager ensures production continuity by properly maintaining the reliability of all equipment. Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of building and grounds. Ensure all maintenance staff follows GMP’s, Safety, Operational and Company guidelines/policies. Ensures daily checks and effective communication amongst all shifts of Mechanics, Leads, and department Managers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hands on working with maintenance staff on projects
- Ensure that all activities follow our GMP’s, HACCP, and SQF system for food safety requirements.
- Ensure all work areas are maintained in a neat, clean and safe environment at all times.
- Proactively manage plant maintenance, identifying current and future maintenance needs.
- Ensures permanent solutions are implemented for re-occurring problems.
- Ensures all department and organizational training is completed and recorded appropriately.
- Ensure that department work instructions and procedures are followed.
- Manages maintenance inventory to ensure availability and to minimize production equipment down time.
- Manage CMMS work orders and PM’s.
- Communicate cross-departmentally with all levels regarding maintenance activities.
- Trains mechanics on an ongoing basis to ensure safety training compliance.
- Ensure the building and grounds are kept neat and well maintained.
- Ensure all non-production areas are properly cleaned and organized.
- Safety committee member and voluntary emergency response member.
This position supervises the maintenance staff and various sub-contracting crews.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of production, office, and shop environments and is regularly exposed to odors, oil, fumes and noise. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is exposed to 40 degree temperature and walking/standing on cement floor. The noise level is loud, protective hearing protection is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salary position. (40+ hours/week expected) Standard days of work are Monday through Friday. However, this position requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and/or Experience:
5 years’ experience working as a production maintenance technician, food processing preferred. 3 years’ experience as a maintenance supervisor/manager. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above. HACCP Certified (within 30 days of hire)
An Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.