The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. Hours: 3:30 pm to 12:00 am, M-F, training on 1st shift up to 6 months; some Saturdays required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform repairs, preventive/ predictive maintenance and component replacement on food process equipment and systems.
- Adjust and repair components according to manufacturer specifications and quality standards.
- Use technical skills and mechanical proficiency to maintain the integrity of food production equipment, and assure maximum uptime and minimum disruption to production processes.
- Inspect and tests equipment to verify proper operation, make adjustments as needed to assure error-free operations.
- Document all parts used for preventive, predictive and repair to ensure proper inventory of parts are always available for operational readiness.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, work orders, and any other applicable documentation to perform required maintenance and service.
- Recognize abnormally operating equipment and use troubleshooting skills to diagnose, analyze and repair mechanical, electrical, electronic equipment issues.
- Ability to identify cost-effect solutions to decrease repeated equipment deficiencies (root cause analysis).
- Monitor work site to assure that all work zones and equipment are in safe operation.
- Maintain maintenance shop in accordance to 5s protocol.
- The ability to follow general food safety practices (GMP’s, HACCP, SQF system)
Qualifications or Skills:
- Formal maintenance training and/or 2 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting. Food processing facility preferred.
- Advance operating knowledge of electronics systems
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Experienced with vacuum, pneumatics, electrical and conveyance systems
- Excellent use of all shop tools i.e. drill press, welding, grinders, cutting torch and hand tools
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and understand instructions. Possess good eye-hand coordination and dexterity. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and climbing frequently. The use of hands and arms constantly for pinching, simple gripping, grasping, and push/pull with hands, operate a vibrating tool frequently. Reach above shoulder occasionally. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items 60 to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to various degree room temperature and wet floor. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.