REAL WORK. REAL PEOPLE. REAL FOOD.
Join the Lorentz Meats Team!
Who we are:
Lorentz Meats is a full-service, special-claims meat processor, seeking to be a national leader in the niche meat industry. We believe in good work, by good people, making good food. From slaughter to sausage making to specialty packaging, we apply expert skills acquired over five decades. Our customers are dedicated to sustainable agriculture through organic, regenerative, or heritage processes. Our mission is to support these farmers and producers with knowledge and experience. We seek employees whose values match ours: SERVICE, PRIDE, INEGRITY, and LEADERSHIP.
Join our meat cutting team. Breaking down a full carcass to individual portions is an art form, requiring skill and a strong attention to detail. Our team handles up to 100 carcasses a day.
• Able to utilize knives, saws, grinders and other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming.
• Demonstrate the ability to identify different meat cuts.
• Willing to work individually as well as in a team.
• Maintain a safe environment- Personal Safety and Food Safety.
• Positive Attitude—makes everyone’s day better, including yours!
• Willing to learn and follow our processes.
• Manufacturing experience is helpful, but not necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and understand instructions. Possess good eye-hand coordination and dexterity. This position requires standing 7+ hours. The use hands and arms constantly. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, 40-degree temperatures, and wet floor conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- $2,500 Sign on Bonus!
- Competitive Rates – Bonus Potential – Shift Differential
- Performance Based Pay. The more you learn, the more you earn!
- $2,000 Employee Referral Program
- Supportive & Friendly Atmosphere
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Accident Insurance
Need More Reasons?
- Tired of the heat? Come work in our cool environment!
- Meat Discounts- Beef and Bison
- Clothing allowance for a FREE sweatshirt, hat and more!
- Growth Opportunities
- MUCH MORE… including the great feeling at the end of the day that YOU just provided GOOD FOOD to thousands of families!