We are seeking experienced Meat Cutters to join our team. Breaking down a full carcass to individual portions is an art form, requiring skill and a strong attention to detail. Join our team and you will begin by boning out beef and bison carcasses, then move to saw work, primals, fine cuts, and portion cutting. Our team handles around 50 carcasses a day and they take pride in their work. Our schedule allows for a healthy work-life balance. Schedule is Monday-Friday, 7am to 3:30pm.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 plus years experienced meat cutting knife skills
- A good attitude towards continuous improvements of food safety systems.
- Able to read and understand meat cutting instructions in English
- Ability to identify different meat cuts
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to listen and follow directions
- Basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
- Experience working with tenderizers, grinders and other meat
- The desire and ability to follow general food safety practices (GMP’s, HACCP, SQF system)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and understand instructions. Possess good eye-hand coordination and dexterity. This position requires standing 7+ hours. The use hands and arms constantly. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items 60 to 100 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, 40 degree temperature, and wet floor conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K, Roth, supplemental benefits, PTO, paid holidays, employee meat discounts, clothing allowance, chair massages, and annual company charitable donation on behalf of employee. Company knives provided for meat cutting team members. Performance based pay. The more you learn, the more you earn!