Join the Lorentz Meats Team! We are a full service, niche meat processing company in Cannon Falls, MN, specializing in natural, organic, and grass fed meat. We process for niche-meat branded programs, including processing and retail ready packaging ready for shipment or export, while sticking to our roots of processing individual animals for the local farmers. We may be the processor behind your favorite specialty brands at the grocery store. The Lorentz family has fed our families for almost five decades and continues to support our local farmers and community.
Primary Job Description:
*Cut-to-order exact weight bison, beef, and pork steaks and roasts.
- A precision skill—our portion cutters strive to make attractive, clean cuts of meat that match customer weight specifications and minimize waste. Work with a small team of portion cutters all motivated to attain the perfect cuts.
- Secondary Job Duties:
- Assist on the cutting floor (boning, trimming, etc.)
- Organize and prepare work areas and product throughout the day.
*Must know or be willing to learn how to precisely portion sub-primal meats
*Must have a good attitude towards continuous improvement of own skill and of food safety systems
- able to use hands and arms constantly
- able to listen to, retain, and follow directions
- able to read and write numbers
- able to lift at least 60 lbs.
- aware of working condition changes (wet floor, etc.)
- willing to learn and follow general food safety practices, including GMPs, HACCP, and SQF system
- Standing and walking for up to 8 hours a day in 40 degree temperatures
- Lifting up to 60 pounds
- Repetitive wrist, arm and shoulder motion
- Hours are Monday to Friday, 7am to 3:30pm
Benefits and Compensation:
We offer medical, dental, life, retirement, supplemental benefits, PTO, paid holidays, employee meat discounts, clothing allowance, chair massages, and annual company charitable donation on behalf of employee. Performance based pay. The more you learn, the more you earn!